In Native American traditions, the Turkey is the symbol of abundance, and it is said to embody the practice of “give-away,” which happens to be a Feng Shui technique for increasing prosperity. When we practice give-away, we raise our energy, express our gratitude and defeat feelings of being deprived, and create space for more in our lives.
Whatever you vibrate – you will attract
Feng Shui operates on the rule that whatever vibration you send out in thoughts and feelings will automatically attract more of that same energy back into your life. You are a giant magnet! Whatever you put out into the world will come back to you.
One key to raising our energy vibration is through shifting our perspective. Do we perceive ourselves to be living abundantly or deprived? Two people can both have $100, and one will feel wealthy and the other feel poor. It’s a whole lot more fun to be around the person who feels wealthy!
- Make a list of 9 things you are grateful for and add to that list 9 things every day for a 9 days – and read your list out loud each morning.
- Start a gratitude jar and have everyone in the house write a daily thank you note about one thing they are grateful for and leave it in the jar – on New Year’s Day read all the gratitude notes aloud.
- Write down a list of compliments you’ve received and post it on your bathroom mirror – read it while brushing your teeth.
- Write yourself a thank you note and send it to yourself.
Defeating Deprivation – Exercises
- Pay it Forward! – When you feel deprived of something, give to others that thing you feel you are deprived of, and soon you will be overcome by feelings of abundance. If you feel like nobody loves you, set your intention to give away 10 hugs, by the tenth hug, you are going to feel like the whole world loves you.
- Celebrate another’s successes! – As we witness someone’s abundance, it is easy to see what and how much others have and dampen our perspective. But, when we see others have the things we want, we can take it as a sign that it is available. If they have it, so can we! If someone has something that you desire in life, it is life’s way of showing you just what you can have. When this happens, take a moment to thank the universe for the affirmation of what is possible.
Feng Shui to Create Space for Abundance
In Feng Shui, the Prosperity and Abundance area of your home is the furthest left area from the front door. Go to that area now and clear some space for the universe to flow in. Literally, give something away! Then, think of something you are grateful for – friends, family, health, career – and place an object that reminds you of that in this area to spark appreciation and increase your abundance.
Love, light and laughter be yours!